You will need a license if…
- You are being paid to make the video or project.
- You are making money from the video through advertising, affiliation or commission (such as monetising a video on YouTube).
- The work will be used for commercial purposes.
- The work promotes a profit organization.
- The work is advertising.
- The work will be broadcast (including television, radio, and cinema).
- The work is for resale, used for profit making.
- The project is requesting or soliciting donations. Such as fundraising videos, Kickstarter, or other crowd funding videos.
- Used in videos/ projects/ or content that is supported by financial contributions, including Patreon.